As I drove away from the dealership on Monday. Larry decided it was time to teach me this very important lesson in life.
Well - I was so excited about my new car that I didn't even say goodbye to this old friend. Ironically earlier that day I was joking around about how silly I thought it was that an employee had asked to spend some time with the museum's animals to say goodbye. And now here I am dedicating a whole post to a non-living thing.
So this post is in honor of the second car (and yes, second Volkswagen) I have ever owned.
I bought this car in 2002 and a few months later drove her all the way to Pennsylvania where I was happy to drive around State College with a UT license plate.
Thank you for the memories. Here are a few:
- Trying to get friends and family to call you Coleoptera (Insect order for beetle) - it never did stick
- Waiting and waiting for the dealership to fix your automatic window on the drivers side - I drove backwards through the Crest drive up more than once
- Watching kids hit each other and then yell "Slug bug silver"
- Dozen or so road trips to St. George/Vegas - especially that one when we brought back Vega
- Rolling down hills cause your emergency brake wasn't very reliable - check out this video
- BDAA - just you and me Beetle - good times
Oooh, nice ride! I'm rather fond of the Soooobs. I had one myself a long time ago (a much older version), but it was a keeper, at least, until it died :)
ilike it! totally you!
I like it...But you would look good in anything!
What a beauty! When are you going to break it in and drive to PA again?
Love it! I've heard very good things about Subarus.
Love the car, and love you!
Thanks for all you did to play the reunion. It was so fun and brought back many memories!
Congratulations! I'm sure you will be very happy together!
Looove subarus! Congats!
I want to know if the silver was as awesome as the green Jet.
I do like you so much Katy B.
I love it!!! So Cute! My kind of car!
Post a Comment