Last week Dave and Erin and I made it to the Ogden Temple. Below is my tentative plan for the rest of the temples in UT. If you want to join me for any of these, let me know.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
It didn't surprise me when Amy told me that the FHE lesson/activity would be about physical fitness and that I was to wear my sneakers. This is my college roommate who was some sort of high school record breaker in cross country running. When we lived together she would often convince me to go on her runs with her only I'd ride my bike. And yes, she would keep up to me.
This was a fun FHE and the kids had a blast.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Goals for 2011 - Simple and Consecrated Life
My goal for 2011 is to live a simple and consecrated life (as described by Elder Uchtdorf and Elder Christofferson)
To do that I will work on the following, more specific goals:
- Attend an endownment session in every temple in Utah (pictures and posts to come)
- Try not to swear so much (especially in my car when I'm by myself)
- Read the Book of Mormon
- Stay focused in all three meetings at church (no sleeping or day dreaming)
- dissertation prospectus passed (winter semester)
- 10 new ipads purchased for dissertation (end of summer)
- data collected for dissertation(fall)
- Live within monthly budget and maybe even save some ...
- Read 3 non-scripture church/historical books (David O. McKay, Monson biography, Joseph Smith Rolling Stone)
- Read at least five other books (non-fiction or fiction)
- Focus on nutrition in addition to exercise (last year I completely neglected nutrition)
- Complete 1 sprint triathlon without walking the 5K (Ice Breaker in March)
- Complete 1 olympic triathlon without walking the 10K (Green River in August)
- Continue to attend FHE's of family and friends
- Organize the rest of my parent's house (pantry, closet, laundry room)
- Help Larry keep it organized and clean (check in on them at least 3X/week)
- Digitize Jewel's recipes (organize this family project, enter at least 10/week)
- Get to work on time more consistently
- Blog at least once a week
- Go on at least on legitimate date/month (planned, paid for, and paired off)
- Need help here ... can you set me up?
- Post at least 12 new episodes of Cooking for One
- BDAA (western US, save up vacation days)
- Be kinder and nicer to people